Recognition & Incentives
Ideas that are shared during the 2018-19 academic year and subsequently implemented will be eligible for both incentives as well as broad University recognition. We recognize that multiple individuals may have the same idea. Recognition and incentives will be given for ideas that are implemented to the first person to submit the suggestion (submissions are date and time stamped).
Any regular or part-time staff or faculty are eligible.
- Feature article sharing the idea and its impact in an issue of ND Works and on the ND Innovates website
- Recognition at a 2019 regular season home football* game including:
- Two football tickets per award winner with sideline admittance for pre-game activities for a home football game.
- Presentation to the team during a television timeout during a home football game.
- Framed photograph of the team receiving the award.
- Acknowledgment at the end of the year faculty or staff dinner (corresponding to the participant’s position).
*Recognition for all implemented ideas will occur as a group for one game during the 2019 football season and could be part of the Team Irish program.
Cash incentives will range from $500 to $3,000 and will vary based on impact to the University. The impact will be measured by the following criteria:
- Improved processes
- Hours/time saved
- Safety and risk-mitigation